By accepting any product from ARTsolar, the customer (the “Customer”) agrees that the following terms and conditions are the exclusive terms governing the sales transaction between ARTsolar and the customer. In addition, these terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, without prior written notice. It is the customer’s responsibility to check ARTsolar’s Terms and Conditions each time an order is placed, or any goods are accepted from ARTsolar.
- The customer contacts the ARTsolar sales department to request a quotation. Once the customer has accepted the offer in writing, a proforma invoice is sent to the customer.
Pre-orders of panels:
- Customers acknowledge that there is a lead time of 6-8 weeks from placement of order.
- Customers are responsible for packing costs.
- On orders: an order is not binding upon ARTsolar until it is accepted and paid for (upon reflection in our account), this includes partial payments. ARTsolar must receive a payment, either partial or in full, for an order by the customer within 5 days, failing which the quote is no longer valid, unless otherwise previously agreed in writing. The proforma invoice forms the basis of the payment. Payment is due prior to shipment/collection. If credit terms have been established, the Customer agrees to pay the amount due as per the invoice.
Tax Invoice and Ownership:
- The tax invoice is always issued on the date of transfer of ownership of the goods, being pickup or delivery date. The signed packing slip or waybill of the transport company determines the date of which the tax invoice should be received.
- Shipping Charges: The customer’s total cost for purchase of any product does not include delivery, unless otherwise recorded in writing between the Customer and ARTsolar.
- Processing Time: The customer can expect the order to be processed within 2-3 business days on solar panels and 3-5 business days on non-ARTsolar items after receipt of payment into our account. If the customer requires an item by a specific date, they are to query from ARTsolar regarding availability of the item and shipping options.
- Items not in stock: Any items that are unavailable will be placed on order. Estimated shipment dates will be provided however these dates are “estimates” and not a guarantee of arrival on that date.
- Order Status: ARTsolar will do everything possible to keep the customer informed of the customer’s order’s progress via e-mail.
- Order Changes: The customer may change the order, provided that the order has not yet been procured from suppliers where applicable. Exemptions from this rule shall be permitted in special circumstances after consultation with ARTsolar management. Please contact ARTsolar with any changes to be made and please have the order number available.
- Shipping Policy: Customers must inspect their shipments upon collection or delivery prior to signing the packing slip or delivery note. Customers who will not be signing personally for their order when it is delivered or collected, are responsible to ensure that the person signing on their behalf has read and understood the ARTsolar’s Terms and Conditions.
- In the case where delivery is requested, an independent shipping/logistics contractor will deliver the products ordered. When the shipment arrives, the courier will ask the customer to sign for the delivery. This is a legal document stating that the package is being delivered in good condition without damage and that the customer is waiving any additional claims from ARTsolar.
- To cancel the customer order, please call during our normal business hours and speak to an authorized ARTsolar representative. Provided the customer order has not yet been processed and ordered from suppliers there is no cancellation fee. If the customer order has already been processed and paid for by ARTsolar all costs incurred as well as a 5% cancellation fee will be deducted from the customer refund.
- Merchandise, except for products that were specially ordered and/or assembled for the customer, may be returned within 5 days of the receipt of the product accompanied by a receipt for an exchange. Please note that no refunds are issued.
- Before returning items, it is necessary to call and discuss the return of materials with the authorized ARTsolar representative. Once the customers have been instructed where to return the item the customer is responsible for shipping charges to that address. The Customer shall be responsible for the return of any unused product and agrees to use only reputable carriers capable of providing proof of delivery and insurance for the full value of the shipment.
- If any component of the returned product is missing, the return procedure is breached and ARTsolar may reject the return or may choose to impose additional charges for replacement of the missing component. ARTsolar further requires 7-10 working days to test the required items. Upon receipt of the test results ARTsolar will inform the customer accordingly.
- Items that we sell which are covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty, service, or support policy which is a back to back warranty.
- To ensure that the product warranty remains in place, the following must be complied with: The electrical installation must be carried out by a suitably qualified installer and the installation must comply with the SANS 10142-1-1 (Wiring of Low Voltage Installations and SANS 10142-1-2 (Embedded Generation Installation). The certificate of compliance for the electrical installation must be issued by a registered person as promulgated in the Electrical Installation Regulations.
- All components including the display screen is to be present on all item(s).
- Ensure there are requisite surge protection devices installed and photographs retained as proof thereof.
- ARTsolar bears no responsibility in sending a replacement item to the Customer in the event that they have received a defective product. If the customer receives a defective unit, the customer is to inform ARTsolar and we will contact the manufacturer and they will typically repair or replace the product, the outcome of which will be communicated to the customer.
- Batteries- all batteries are covered by a 24-month warranty. In event of a defect being found within this period, the customer is to notify ARTsolar. An authorized representative will request from the customer the following, Coc, single line diagram and will advise if a site visit is necessary. Should a site visit be warranted the customer is liable for a R500-00 call out fee. Once product received, it will be tested and sent to the manufacturer. We are under no obligation to provide replacement products, should we have such availability of product we will consider a loan product to the customer. If it found that a refund is to be paid ,the amount of such refund is calculated on taking into consideration the period remaining on warranty as well as usage/current market value costs.
- Refund Price = Total Warranty (minus) Usage (divided by) Total Warranty (multiply by) Selling Price. This calculation is done in months.
- Nevertheless, ARTsolar will support its customers as much as possible in case of any queries or difficulties. ARTsolar warranty on our products are found at on our website at www.artsolar.net
- Should a defect be found on an ARTsolar panel, the customer is to immediately contact ARTsolar. Upon consultation with the customer, an authorized ARTsolar representative will inform the customer of the available options. Should a site inspection be required the customer will be informed of same and a call out fee of R500-00 is payable by the customer. In the event of the product needing replacement, the customer is to ensure that the product is removed by an accredited installer and delivered to the directed address by ARTsolar. The cost of removal of product and delivery shall be for the customer.
- ARTsolar strives to be as accurate as possible in our product descriptions, compatibility references, information content, pricing, links and any other product information contained in or referenced on our site. However, occasional human error may occur and we therefore cannot guarantee that all product descriptions, specifications, pricing or any other content on the site is entirely accurate, complete, current, or that we are responsible for these errors. In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, informational, technical or any other error, ARTsolar at its sole discretion shall have the right to refuse or cancel any order for that product and immediately amend, correct or remove the inaccurate information. All links on ARTsolar’s website are intended only to provide visitors with assistance finding additional information, please remember, the customer, our valued Customer, are ultimately responsible for any purchase decision.
- ARTsolar respects the customer privacy. We collect limited information to help us understand our website visitors and to process the customer requests. We share information only when it is necessary to fulfil a customer request (such as to ship an order or process a newsletter signup). We will never sell the customer information.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
- Any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions or the sales transaction between ARTsolar and Customer shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. The Customer agrees not to bring any legal action, based upon any legal theory including contract, tort, equity or otherwise, against ARTsolar that is more than 30 days after the date of the applicable tax invoice.
- If any provision contained in this agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect the remaining provisions and portions of this agreement, and the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision shall be deemed modified so as to have the most similar result that is valid and enforceable under applicable South African law.
- The failure of either party to require performance by the other party of any provision of this agreement shall not affect in any way the first party’s right to require such performance at any time thereafter. Any waiver by either party of a breach of any provision in this agreement shall not be taken or held by the other party to be a continuing waiver of that provision unless such waiver is made in writing.
- These terms and conditions, together with ARTsolar’s invoice are the complete and exclusive agreement between ARTsolar and the Customer, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous proposals, oral or written, understandings, representations, conditions, warranties, and all other communications. The customer may incur additional costs for the customer solar equipment for engineering, permitting or installation. Because these costs may vary widely depending on the customer’s location ARTsolar will not be responsible for them under any circumstances.